Just watched Star Wars episode 3 last night...
Im still making up my mind about how I found it, but a friend and I were discussing how the Prequels had been too, shall we say, limited.
The world of Star Wars could have been expounded so much more had George Lucas NOT concentrated on Darth Vader's ascent to power. I mean, he did make it clear that the prequels would be all about Darth Vader right?
What if he stepped back and made something similar to the "Animatrix" or some non-Darth Vader related prequels. What would these look like?
Here are some of the titles of the Star Wars titles (or at least ideas) that could have been part of the prequels (not all are GP-rated hehe) :
* Idea: Chronicles of Yoda (this would be a full-blown series hehe)
* Sith Happens
Hmmm... How many Sith Lords are there... really? There were like 2 sith lords vs. tons of jedi in all the prequels...
* The Bikini-clad women in the life of Jabba the Hut --- A documentary
* The Jedi Night Scandal: The Younglings bare it all
* Shaggy, the Groovy Wookie Jedi (Or something like an Austin Powers Jedi Knight)
* Idea: The Swashbuckling adventures of Han Solo (And Chewy)
* Kama Sithra - (1001 enjoyable ways to use the Dark Side of the Force)
* Idea: The exploits of Mace Windu (he looked really cool, but I expected more action and killer lines from Samuel L. Jackson)
Oh yeah... I compared it with my "spoof" here:
I got some things right :)
1. Chewbacca DID have a cameo
2. Anakin was jealous of other Jedi's "lightsabers"
3. Anakin did use a Blue light saber even as Darth Vader
4. Anakin wasted Mace Windu
5. Padme didnt wear a bikini (darn!)
6. Darth Vader went "Nooooooooo!" in the ending
the main difference I guess was at least in MY version, it was easy to understand why Anakin scorned the Jedi and turned to the Sith :)